looking for something?

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Snow Day!

Yesterday, my school was closed due to the slippery ice on school and roads to school, so it was too dangerous for cars and school buses to come. School closing like this is called the "snow day", even though there weren't even trace of snow dust on the ground.

But today, as I lied on my bed half asleep this morning, I heard the family's phone rang. My dad answered it, and soon enough he shouted, "No school again today, Hannah! No school again today, Laras!"

As much as I have been hoping for real snow-day, I thought it was just slippery ice again, so I got up to do my prayer and went back to sleep again. But when I woke up at eight, and opened my room's window blind, the ground below was white. Branches were heavy with snow, and the garage roof I could see from my room was also covered with a white coating. Finally, the real snow day!

What a beautiful sight~

Snow day selfie! lol

Thank you YES Program for showing me snow. Well it's not exactly like that but yeah...

Took the gloves off for trying to touch snow by bare hands. I couldn't feel my hands...

First snow angel! Hahaha


My host dad took the dog outside

Snowy Dog!

Sisters + dog photo
So, yeah, snow day was awesome! I really want to try eating snow with maple syrup, Hannah said if we pour maple syrup onto snow it will become like really sweet candy. I'm surprised how people won't drink rain while they agree that eating snow is okay, but oh well I'll try it anyway.

Oh, by the way the only thick snow I've ever seen in my life before this was when I played the Harvest Moon game. The game is basically about the player getting a farm to tend, and there are four different seasons in the game: spring, summer, fall, winter. As a child born in a tropical country, that game got me thinking "someday I'll go out from this country to see snow on winter".

Nailed it.

1 comment: